Founded in 1883, the Millard Lumber Yard was located in the heart of Omaha and served as a primary building supply provider for businesses and homeowners well into the 1900s. This historic site had been vacant for many years when Lanoha Development Company decided it was time to revive it’s legacy. Lamp Rynearson led the effort to transform this industrial icon into a district consisting of six multifamily apartment buildings, one mixed used building, and a new police precinct building.
Our team coordinated with the owner, HBA, and the City of Omaha to produce a layout that maintained walkability for users, preserved historic elements of the lumber yard, and met multiple stakeholder needs. The platting, change of zoning, and the planned unit redevelopment was facilitated by Lamp Rynearson through the City of Omaha.
In addition, our professionals designed all of the sites for the new buildings and were responsible for the public improvements needed to serve the project. Improvements included sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and pavement.